Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's all about the HAIR!

Happy Tuesday!

Y'all, can I just tell you how much I used to hate Tuesdays?  Not that anything bad happened, but I felt like I would get through Monday and then Tuesday rolls along and what's so stinkin' special about a Tuesday?  But then my friend Katie said that you just think of it as one more day under your belt until Friday...  If you know me, you know that I LOVE Fridays!  My students even have a chant that we borrowed from my other kinder friend Meredith - we say "It's the WEEKEND, baby!" every Friday...

Okay, sorry, back to Tuesday...the first Tuesday of every month is now devoted to some special time for my hair.  I have FINALLY found a girl that 'gets me.'  I had the most perfect hair stylist for about 8 years, and she could literally read my mind about what I wanted her to do with my hair.  But then she made the decision to get into insurance, and thus did my hair for the last time.  That was about 4 years ago.  And ever since then I have been on the hunt for a new girl.  I went to several different salons 'trying on' hair stylists.  Then on a whim, I called up Panache (a really great salon in my town) and just asked the girl to put me with anybody.  Well, bless her heart, she made the most perfect match!  April has done my hair perfectly now three times in a row!  And it keeps getting better and better!  I must tell you that the most important part of a hair cut/ highlighting session/ style/ whatever is mostly how it looks in the end.  But more importantly it's conversation and relaxing time with the person who is fixing my hair.  If we can't talk, or you just want to stand there and depressingly fix my hair, I don't care how good you are at what you do, we just aren't going to work out.  No offense, but no dice!  So, needless to say, April is the perfect fit.  Please pray that she keeps on doing hair for a VERY long time!  Because she is awesome!  :o)  I went really blonde today...like, really blonde...no picture yet, but it's coming.  I promise!

Another great thing about this day is that even with a time crunch, me and my handsome were able to kick butt in another P90X session.  For those of you who don't know, handsome and I started P90X (it's a workout program that kicks your jiggly hiney!) a month, a week, and 3 days ago.  We dedicated our time and our pantry to this program.  It's been a total life-makeover.

Let me just tell you that he looks amazing!  You can already see his abs forming (JEALOUS!) and he's getting even more handsome by the day (which is a bonus because I didn't think he could get any more good-lookin!).  I have lost about 15 pounds, and my pants fit waaaaaay better already!  I'm trying to remind myself that when men and women work out, the men are much more successful much more fast.  Grrr...but no really, I am super happy with what's happening with me.  This isn't my favorite picture, but it will do for now...



I don't know why I'm rambling so much tonight...I must not have hit my word limit for the day.  They say that women use like 40,000 words per day and men only use about 10,000.  I don't think they factored me in to this equation, because even when I finish teaching for the day, I'm still ready to talk to whoever will listen!  :o)

I turned 26 exactly a week ago.  I was very depressed almost the whole time I was 25 because I knew that being 25 meant that I was only a short ways away from being 26.  That was a depressing number.  It's on the downside to 30, I'm not 21 anymore, there's nothing fun after turning 25...but then for some reason when I woke up the morning of my dreaded 26th, I felt so great!  I am turning the bad feelings away and reminding myself that I am still on this Earth with the people I love, and that in itself is a blessing.  I have to stop complaining so much and just be grateful for everything that I have.  And boy, I have a LOT!  So here is a picture of me and my friends who have given me wonderful times and hopefully many more to come...  (PS: I'm in the pink sequined shirt that I haven't worn in 3 years but now I can!) :o)



Oh, and I got the most beautiful flowers on my birthday from one of my students and then some more from my hubby.  I didn't have enough room for the two arrangements, so I combined them into one:



If you have read all of this, let me just say that you have to be bored out of your mind, and also thank you for being one of my outlets!  I am blown away by the response to my blog, and glad that I can share my little life with some loved ones out there!  :o)


...be at peace, and all will be well...

No comments:

Post a Comment